Bethany Webster is an expert on the mother wound. We all have trauma to heal with our mothers, trauma that has been passed down from generation to generation, trauma as a result of living in a patriarchal society and trauma the media even encourages. This episode is not about blaming mothers but explores the good girl narrative, body image, perfection, the sense that there is something wrong with us and tangible ways you can break the cycle and heal. If you have a great relationship with your mother, a not so great relationship with your mother, if you have a mother figure in your life or you have lost your mother this episode is for you, it’s not putting the spotlight on them but really on us, the daughters.
Listen in to hear us talk about:
- How the mother wound shows up in our life.
- Inner mothering.
- The mother/daughter relationship.
- How the patriarchy impacts the mother wound.
- Tangible ways to heal the mother wound.
- How to heal the little girl inside you.
- Journal prompts to heal the mother wound.
- The cost of not healing the mother wound.
Bethany's website: www.bethanywebster.com
Bethany's online course: https://www.bethanywebster.com/inner-mother-course/
Bethany's facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/innermother